Ingestions of greater than 5000 mcg is considered a potentially toxic dose. Acute overdoses tend to be well tolerated. The symptoms of elevated T4 are not evident until 2-5 days following ingestion. Measured levels do not correlate well with either ingestion amounts or development/severity of clinical symptoms and are not recommended to be obtained.
About the Author: Charles Bruen
Cardiac Intensivist, Resuscitationist, Emergentologist. Educator. Doodler. Friend. Most importantly, husband to my wife & superhero to my son.